- The lessons delivered:
- Main office is located in HCM city.
- The branch of VLCDC was established in Nha Trang on February 2th 2015.
- There are a total of 200 volunteers working for VLCDC, mainly in HCm city and Nha Trang.
- SAfter 3 years, VLCDC has gained the following achievements:
1/ Teaching (integrating) living values, life skills and soft skills at Loc Tho Pagoda, Nha Trang:
- Objects: orphans and disadvantaged children raised in the pagoda
- After 5 years of operation, 520 children from grade 1 to grade 5 took part in the class.
- Besides, big events were held on special occasions, such as: Christmas, Tet, International Children’s Day and Mid-Autumn Festival.
Protecting environment and animals.
2/ Teaching about health and general sciences, integrating living values for pediatric patients at Children’s Hospital 1, Children’s Hospital 2 and Brittle Bone Disease Center (carried out by Be Khoe Be Ngoan Club – University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City)
The number of children patients taking part in the Club’s class in 2015:
- Faculty of Viral Hemorrhagic Fever - Children’s Hospital 1: from 15 to 25 children from 6 to 12 years old in each class. Most of the kids stayed in the hospital for from 7 to 10 days. Each of them took part in the club’s class once or twice.
- Faculty of Kidney: Children’s Hospital 2: 10 children. Children who have diseases related to kidney chronically, staying at hospital from 2 to 3 years.
- Faculty of Oncology: Children’s Hospital 2: from 15 to 25 children who have cancer, staying in hospital for years.
- Center of Brittle Bone Disease (District 12): 27 children at different ages.
In addition, big events were organized on special occasion like: Christmas, Tet, International Children’s Day, and Mid-Autumn Festival for over 500 pediatric patients.
The number of children patients taking part in the Club’s class from 2012 to 2015:
- Faculty of Viral Hemorrhagic Fever - Children’s Hospital 1: More than 1500 children.
- Faculty of Kidney: Children’s Hospital 2: 18 children
- Faculty of Oncology: Children’s Hospital 2: More than 200 children
Center of Brittle Bone Disease (District 12): 35 children Lessons related to living values: teaching children to love themselves (thanks to lessons on health) and other people: Coordination – Union – Gratitude.
3/ Group “We act for Animals”, saving abandoned dogs and cats:
- Number of animals saved and cured in the last 2 years:
- Teaching volunteers about love for animals, the responsibility for environment and domestic animals…
4/ Other activities: Visting and presenting:
- Mid – Autumn Festival at Hope Home in Cam Ranh and Dak Lak: 5 times ( once per year), 100 children per visiting = 500 children.
- Anh Dao Home: Offering gifts, cooking, learning through films. 3 times x 60 children = 180 children.
- Fee-free program for the community: “Living in balance” presented by a foreign speaker for 350 people.
- Program to train teachers of Living Values in Toan Thinh Phat Educational Conglomerate for 50 teachers and at Le Loi School in Ha Giang for 30 teachers.
5/ Other programs:
- Taking part in the forum of the project GLOBAL ENTREPRENEUR (the project of global businessmen by Youth Action Program – European Committee) taken place in Hanoi. In this forum, Ms. Vu Bao Chau was invited to be the speaker for the topic: “Core values of Social entrepreneur”
- Youth Camp 2013, 2014 Programs
- English for Life, Skills for You Programs
- Money spent on these social program was from fee paying programs and donations. At present, the earned money is still so low for the expense of the mentioned programs, so the aim in 2016 will be to develop fee paying programs, such as: teaching skills in English, Entrepreneur Program, Summer Camp for foreign students, program for Businessman’s family.
- Organizing programs to provide more knowledge on Medical Terminology, Psychology, working skills for volunteers presented by national and international volunteer experts.
- Organizing fund raising activities.
- Organizing “Kids and Animals” program to convey the message of love through animals for children at Loc Tho pagoda in Nha Trang.
- Organizing the program of teaching English for children at Loc Tho pagoda in Nha Trang so that these children can keep up with their peers when they are in secondary school.
-Organizing more living values and psychology support programs for children patients.
- Coordinating with funds to offer grants to help disadvantaged children in VLCDC’s classes so that they can continue learning in lower secendary school.
- Building up libraries for children at Loc Tho pagoda, Children’s Hospatal 2 and Centre of Brittle Bone Disease.